...but what's happening with your skin?
Autumn is one of the most beautiful seasons with stunning, dramatic colours, but did you know that the changing of the seasons can play havoc with your skin? The cooler temperatures and drop in humidity can affect the skin in the following ways:
- Slowing of the skin’s production of moisturising amino acids.
- Reduced moisture retention.
- Slowing of the skin cell renewal and turnover process.
These physiological changes have real and visible consequences for the skin causing it to appear dull or lacklustre, exacerbating dry irritation and causing breakouts. To best support struggling skin during this period look towards nourishing natural oil and butter-based products to provide much needed moisture retention, nourishment and comfort. Natural plant-based oils offer a valuable source of antioxidants, fatty acids and vitamins working in synergy to:
- Balance the skin’s natural oil (Sebum) production, decreasing oil production in oily areas while providing much needed moisture to dry areas.
- Restore the skin’s own lipid layer, aiding in skin water retention.
- Protect against free radical damage, addressing the visible signs of tired and ageing skin.
- Boost production of structural proteins (collagen and elastin)in the skin, thereby aiding healing, restoring firmness and elasticity.
- Promote and support the cell renewal and turnover processes leading to clearer and brighter skin.
- Naturally exfoliate dead skin cells and impurities from the skin, leaving a brighter and clearer complexion.
Plant oils really are amazing! Our original formulations have been carefully hand-blended with the above benefits in mind and contain a plethora of some of the finest natural oils to support every type of skin (to name just a few – Acai Berry, Argan, Avocado, Camellia, Hazelnut, Raspberry, Rosehip, Papaya and Prickly Pear). There’s really no better time to make the switch to natural oil-based skin care! For a truly effective shift in routine, look no further than our nourishing range and remember we are always on hand to make recommendations or answer queries to ensure your skin is looking its beautiful best all year round!